Friday 25 March 2011

Fine Art Year 1 Begins

At the beginning of the course I found myself experimenting with painting and other things again before settling on mostly painting. At first for a project I painted a view from a photo I took while sitting on rocks at the beach in South Shields, trying out painting on a bigger canvas and painting with my fingers.
When the personal projects were starting to be selected by most I decided I would focus on my characters, being the nerd that I am. I worked on a number of images of different races and classes from world of warcraft which were from my own account and used them placed on canvas or paper with paint as an art form with no backgrounds, no reason for not having a background with it really, just I had no idea of what to do with them after they got so far.
 Majuub the deathknight
Feral Uub
Faerína the fire mage
 Majuubs wedding
 Merry Undead Christmas

Majuub Transforms

Sphirit's Pillow

 Highest roll on 25 man icecrown axe

I then went on to experimenting with inks and abstraction which I quite enjoyed, I managed to kind of get the images on canvas how I wanted and gave them suiting titles to fit into my project. One being the colours clashing as if they were enemies, some mixing, some dominating, some losing, the other looked to me like a dragons lair with fire and bones scattered.
Onixia's Lair & Warcraft

I went on to work with photoshop and record in game during raiding and so on, while watching many machinima music videos featuring world of warcraft I decided to make a parody of my own but base it around me being so shy and used a song me and an in game friend used to sing together over ventrillo.

No comments:

Post a Comment