Thursday 24 March 2011

Aged 18/19

From my Btec course I was supposed to go onto the foundation right after but I got a letter after waiting a long time saying it was not suited to me..bit late and extremely bad timed since I had no time to apply to a new course, I turned up at South Tyneside College asking about courses I could apply for and was given an email for Mike Collier who teaches Foundation/Level 0 Art and Design which began a few days after my interview so I was extremely lucky, I went through a lot of experimentation with different styles in paint, photoshop, drawing and through many projects involving fashion, animation, painting, digital, photography, and video.

South Shields Beach Photo

Dive (Shortly after the skater landed he fell and hurt his leg)
Near Dark Single Cover




After the experimenting phases I came out with a body of work but then went onto do personal projects which covered my messy and destructive nature in my art, including slashing and setting fire to a canvas.

 
In sunrise you can't hide (zombie outbreak and a lone sniper is revealed after hiding)
 Untitled (painted a canvas and removed the tape to ruin the image I had created)
Untitled (same technique but this time I used it to make orderly blocks of colour and then threw paint over it to mess it up)
 Destruction


Then going on to my obsession with horror movies and the idea of possession, demons and other things like zombies. After experimenting with that project I produced alot of photography and painting work.

 Demon in us all

Demon in us all



Demon in us all
Demon in us all







I then decided to focus on the biggest influence on my life, or the biggest part of it which was video games. Being the way I am, shy and not very outgoing I usually went to go onto the Dance Machines down at the amusements so decided to base a project on that, I made several pages of a comic, video'd myself on the dance machine and edited a program to make my own steps and layouts for songs I enjoyed at the time. Getting others to take part and play the game and showing the comic and video piece together in an arcade theme.

Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Dance Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment